Brent Swain has a design for a trim tab self steering vane that is in his book that he sells himself. technique is known as "folded steel" boatbuilding, or "origami steel" boatbuilding. Many of the steel boats of this type on the BC coast have been designed by Brent Swain. Brent Swain is a Captain in the Boating, Sailing and Cruising Forum: For Cruisers – BY Cruisers. 32 X 19 Aluminum Drop Bow – Stephen Pollard. She was built by the "origami" method promoted by Brent Swain, and is the twelfth of over 35 boats built by Evan Shaler. Note that Alex also produced what is supposed to be a very nicely done DVD package showing the build sequence of a Brent Swain Origami boat.
Brent Swain Origami
- Brent Swain's photos, phone, email, address, and public records for free! MetalBoatbuilding.
- Hello all, Spring time is here and I'm getting ready to start working on my boat.
- Origami Metal Boatbuilding – Cruisers & Sailing Forums.
- A builder's description of how to build a frameless steel plate yacht hull which is strong and seaworthy.
- Hungry Bat by Anita Barbour This video demonstrates how to fold the origami model "Hungry Bat" that Anita Barbour designed.
- This video demonstrates how to fold the origami model "Hungry Bat" that Anita Barbour designed.
More information about Brent Swain Origami on the site: http://
Daysail in Steel Offshore Sailboat built by owner – YouTubeA nice daysail off of Comox harbour in an "origami"-built steel 36 foot Swain off-shore sailboat. You can build one of these boats quite easily, using
Opinions: Steel Boats ? – Page 2 – Cruisers & Sailing ForumsOrigami boatbuilding techniques have enabled me to pull together 36 foot hulls in email@example.com) has made a DVD of the origami building process. Brent Swain